CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Luxe and Annoying Template Problems


I finished reading The Luxe, and I was VERY impressed! This book was captivating from start to finish, there was never a boring or slow moment. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a good read (and it's the first of a series, so the fun will continue! Yay!)

The story is set in Manhattan of the year 1899. The basic plot is a tangled web of forbidden loves, with a little murder mystery mixed in. If you like lots of drama in a book, definitely read this. I honestly can't find a single negative thing to say about it, which is rare for me. . . . . . .

I especially enjoyed the ending; it was both surprising AND satisfying! The author tied the loose ends together quite well, and set up a nice little cliff hanger-ish ending for the second book, Rumors (which I'll certainly be reading as soon as I can get my hands on it).

What am I reading now? Well, lucky me, there's a huge wait list at the library for Rumors, so I'm reading Extras. This is the fourth book in Scott Westerfeld's series (which also consists of Uglies, Pretties, and Specials) that I lost interest in for a while. . . . It's good sci-fi, but sometimes it gets hard to follow and I find myself thinking, "Why on earth am I reading this? There are so many better books that I could be reading. . . . ."

Not that I'm against Scott Westerfeld's series. It's pretty good, but there's better stuff out there for sci-fi lovers. *Shrug* Oh well, I'll finish Extras and then finally be done with the series.

Now, before I end this post, I'd like to ask you readers one thing: Do any of you have problems changing your template? My computer won't let me : ( Whenever I try an error comes up. *Huff* It's very annoying, and I'm DYING for a new background (no joke, I have at least five backgrounds that I'm just waiting to use).

~Goodbye from your frustrated SunnyD

6 comments:

Alanna said...

Ooh, now THAT sounds like my type of book. I still have to finish The Host, though. Not sure if I'll finish Pride and Prejudice, it's got 3 volumes(it's REALLY long) which wouldn't be so bad if it was more interesting. It's a really slow book.

I haven't had any problems. Hmmm....

So Catholic said...

If you like to read I would recomend Enders Game, it's pretty cool.

Deals with the phsycological issues of a 6 year old who is being trained as a military commander in a space station.

It's pretty cool, one of the best sci-fi novels out there, definatly a must read if your into that kind of book and probably worth a try if you are not as well.

James misses spellcheck

R said...

that book sounds good... maybe i'll read it in the summer!

and YESSSS i used to always have problems with my templates!

and in case you didn't notice, i had to take down my blog cuz of...... well....
i'll tell ya later if you didn't see for urself!

R said...

hmmmm... its saying that I am posting as "R"....

thats odd....

Danielle said...

Actually my template changed after many attempts (finally...)

That "R" is odd *Shrug* But at least it's better than what Sam and I used to call you, right? hehe : P

But no, I'm not sure why you took it down. . . . . you'll have to explain that later. . . . .

Danielle said...

btw, thanks for the suggestion, James! I definitely love sci-fi, so I'll have to check Enders Game out once I get the chance.