CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Inkdeath and My Strange Homeroom Situation

Whew! I've finally completed the final book of the Inkheart trilogy, and it was a very good read. If I had the choice, I would've read it all in one sitting. The storyline is so intriguing, it's one of those books that you just HAVE to know what happens next.

I won't go into detail of the entire plot, but I'll give a brief overview: Mo was the main character in this book (at least in my mind, maybe others have different opinions) so I'll focus on him. He's got this deep inner battle about who he wants to be, Mortimer or the Bluejay? Who is the Bluejay, you might ask? The Bluejay is the hero of Fenoglio's "Inkworld", he's destined to kill the Adderhead, who is the evil ruler of the Inkworld. At the end of Inkspell, Mo was actually forced to bind the Adderhead a book that would make him immortal. Kind of the opposite of killing him, really. However, he did sort of curse the book (what he really did I don't feel like explaining) so there's still hope that he can kill the Adderhead. All he has to do is write heart, spell, and death in its pages. That's why the series is Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath.

But Mo is not just the Bluejay, he's also a husband and a father. His wife, Resa, wants him to return with her to our world (she's expecting his second child and wants a normal life for their baby), and he's not sure if he wants to go back. Mo does some pretty incredible things in this book, ranging from bringing a man back from the dead to surviving horrible, deadly torture. I won't tell you if he winds up being Mortimer or the Bluejay, you'll just have to read it and find out : P

Now, for my opinions: I had a few minor complaints, but my biggest one was the point of view. The story was told in third person limited point of view, and it would switch among several different characters: Mo, Resa, Meggie, Farid, Fenoglio, Elinor, Orpheus, Dustfinger, Violante, the Adderhead, Jacopo, etc. I don't mind when the point of view switches from different characters, but too many switches can make things confusing.

All in all, I highly recommend the Inkheart trilogy to anyone who enjoys fantasy books! They are very captivating books; I found it difficult to put Inkdeath down!

Now, for my journal portion. Something odd occured in my homeroom class, and now everyone in my class thinks I'm crazy/weird. *Sigh*

About two months ago, I stood up in my homeroom class to say the pledge of allegiance like any other day. However, something that would seem fairly normal happened to catch my eye. Across the room (and my homeroom is in my school's auditorium, so she was pretty far away) I saw a girl clutch at her stomach when she rose to say the pledge. What seemed odd to me was that she didn't grimace in pain or anything, she just put a hand on her stomach. While I listened to the school announcements, I tried to think of reasons that a person would grab their stomach if they weren't in pain. The only logical thing that I could come up with was that she was pregnant.

I know, that sounds incredibly weird, but I couldn't shake the idea from my mind. I leaned over to Jenna and whispered, "Does that girl look pregnant to you?" I probably should've whispered more quietly, because everyone in my homeroom turned to look at me like I was nuts. Jenna asked me which girl I was talking about, and I described to her where the girl was sitting. My homeroom class all looked at her, and looked back at me again like I was even crazier. I was feeling pretty embarrassed at this point, and Jenna said "Nooooo," like I was some kind of idiot.

I tried to forget about this incident, hoping that people would forget about my brief moment of oddness. However, last Wednesday (a few months after the incident), Veronica leaned over to me and whispered, "That girl IS pregnant!"

My homeroom (including me) all turned in shock to peer at the girl. Sure enough, there was a small but definite bulge on her belly. A part of me was amazed that I was right, but another part of me really wished that Veronica hadn't said anything. Now my homeroom class thinks that I have some freaky sixth sense about knowing when girls are pregnant. I tried to explain that I had just noticed her grab her stomach, but they still think I'm weird. Next time I notice odd things, I should just keep my mouth shut. . . . .

That's about it for now. . . . Oh, I'm proud of GOS for moving on from loser-boy!! *Round of Applause* She no longer feels anything for him, and now she has a new (and FAR better) crush! Bubbles and TQ are still pointedly giving each other the silent treatment, though. In result, I don't get to talk to TQ anymore, which sucks. I really wish that they hadn't broken up, but that's life. *Shrug*

Also, (I can't believe I'm admitting this) I miss NHC. I know that doesn't sound bad, but it's extremely sad how badly I miss him. I really shouldn't complain (he's beyond a great boyfriend, he calls me to keep in touch 'cause we go to different high schools) but I can't help it. If I could just stop thinking about him until I get to see him again, maybe it would be easier. Haha, easier said than done. I can't get him out of my head, it's hopeless to even bother trying. I also really hate dreaming about him, it's just torture. I'll wake up and then remember that I still can't see him for a while. Honestly, I just don't see how long distance relationships could possibly work. I'm having trouble just being away from him for more than three weeks, how could couples possibly work if they hardly EVER see each other??

I know that I can last another two weeks, though, so I'll just have to deal with my pathetic-ness for now.

~I hope this post wasn't boring (not that anyone's said that my blog is boring, lol *Shifty Eyes*)

2 comments:

CharityReads said...

I have not read InkHeart, but I will give it a try. When does the movie come out, do you know? I'm up to my neck in a new series so it may be a while before I get to it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Danielle said...

You're welcome, I hope that you'll like it!

The movie is already out, but I highly suggest reading the book first.