CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Adoration of Jenna Fox


I'm just going to do a quick post about a book that I recently finished, that's all. No journal post today (I'm sure you're all VERY heartbroken about that, lol)

The Adoration of Jenna Fox was okay, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's not that it wasn't good, but there are better things out there to read. I suppose that this is a good one for you if you're a reader who enjoys deep books that make you think, but there's not much excitement in the story. I personally picked it up for the sci-fi, but I was disappointed. The story is set in the future, but that's about it. The whole plot is centered around Jenna Fox, the technological advances are just background information.

The writing style was great, though. I couldn't stop reading it after the first chapter even if I wanted to. I guess I'll give a short synopsis and wrap this up. . . . .

The main character, Jenna Fox, has just awoken from an eighteen month coma. She has absolutely no recollection of who she was before the coma, and she doesn't even remember the basics (walking, talking, etc.) Things slowly come back to her, like her memories, but they come slowly. Before long, Jenna discovers something pertaining to the reason of her coma (I'm being vague to avoid ruining the book. . . . .) that'll blow your mind. The author is very creative, I'll give her that.

To sum my opinion up, I liked it okay, but I've read better. It's a short book though, so if you decide to read it after all, it goes REALLY quickly.

~My next book post will be about Jurassic Park, and I'll have a LOT more to say about that!

1 comments:

R said...

gosh danielle.
i envy you and your time to read books.
:P