CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Whoa, Too Long With No Updates...

Excuses, excuses. The truth is: I got bored with the blog. I'm terribly sorry. BUT, I'll try to make up for it by being extra enthusiastic for a while. Sooooo, what's been going on in the wonderfully interesting life of SunnyD?

Firstly: I'm with a new boyfriend ^_^ He will be referred to as "Freshman" on this blog, and yes, that really is something that people call him, lol. I'm extremely happy with him, and we've been dating for about 4 months now. Shocking, I know. I really gotta update this thing more.

School's been pretty much the same. I've been getting A's, but I'm KILLING MYSELF for an A in math this semester. It hasn't been easy. But I think I can do it *crosses fingers*

As far as movies go.... well.... okay, I haven't really been to many movies lately. I did see Avatar in 3-D, though! I loved loved LOVED it! Coolest movie ever, even if the plotline was a tad predictable. *shrug* I think the fantastically amazing new world/perfect acting makes up for it, haha.

I definitely recommend seeing this in 3-D. SO totally worth it, I'll never forget that experience. Blew me away.

One book that I read that I feel I should mention is A Great and Terrible Beauty, by Libba Bray. The book is historical fiction/fantasy, and to say that I enjoyed it would be an understatement. It's about a 16 year old girl named Gemma Doyle, who attends a finishing school near London during the late 1800's. She's just lost her mother, and she's also just started to get strange visions of a little girl in a strange "realm" (the realms still confuse me a little bit, but it's basically just a different world in which your desires can be carried out through a magic-ish process. It's a bit strange, but I liked it.) Anyway, Gemma befriends a few girls at her finishing school, and together they all travel through the "realms" together. They get power-hungry, though, and that's when the real story unfolds...

The book has a lot of mystery elements in it, which I thoroughly enjoyed ^_^ Also, the level of detail in the author's writing is... incredible. Her writing style definitely impressed me, it was the type of writing that left you thirsting to know what would happen next. And everything was so interesting! Not a boring spot in the entire novel. It was even pretty funny, Gemma is a sarcastic, strong, and witty character that any girl is bound to like. Also (NOT GIVING ANYTHING AWAY) the ending is the coolest part of the book, and I guarantee you won't see this one coming. Check the book out if you're interested in historical fiction/mystery/fantasty, but don't check it out if you're looking for a good romance. There's not very much of that, unfortunately.... BUT this is the first in a trilogy, and I hear that there will be more romance to come (yay!).


So yup. That's what dear old SunnyD has been doing with her life : D I hope to keep better track of this blog from now on, haha...

~I'm on Spring Break right now, and LOVING IT!

0 comments: