CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Owl City

Gosh, I can't get this band's songs out of my head! It's really become a problem, not only have I been listening to Owl City songs almost nonstop for the past two days but now I'm actually forcing others to listen to them so I'll have people to get addicted with me. *Sigh* Now a good chunk of my hard earned cash is going towards buying a ton of Owl City songs (I'm considering getting their CD called Ocean Eyes) but that's okay. Like a good friend once told me: it's okay to indulge once in a while : )

I missed a great chance this summer to see Owl City live : ( Not only that, but they came with Relient k (another band that I love)! I would've gone at the time, but all of my friends willing to go with me were out of town. I'm not entirely heartbroken, though, 'cause I'm currently trying to work out seeing The Fray with my friends when they come. Seeing The Fray would TOTALLY make up for missing out on seeing Relient k and Owl City : D

Here, maybe I'll try to force more people to get addicted to this band with me (WARNING: All of this band's songs are fantastic, and once you hear one you'll be a goner. Listen at your own risk.) This song is my favorite, it's called Vanilla Twilight:



Did you like that? If so, great. If not, that's okay. You're actually saving yourself much time and possibly money if you didn't like it. Or maybe I'm just insanely and hopelessly obsessed with this particular sound. . . . Anyway, here's my second favorite of their songs. It's called Hello Seattle:



You know what's really incredible about Owl City? It's just one dude! That's right, as misleading as the name Owl City is, the band is just one dude named Adam Young.

And yes, this is the best/most flattering picture of Adam Young that I could find. If anyone wants to help a girl out and hunt up a better one for me, then good luck to you : P There was one really awesome pic... but it was on photobucket and got removed so I couldn't use it. Darn. Apparently Adam claims that his musical talent comes from his insomnia. I'm glad that someone could finally find a good use for insomnia : )

~Check out Owl City, but try not to get obsessed like poor SunnyD!

3 comments:

Maddie said...

ARIELLA IS OBSSESSED WITH OWL CITY! omg she went to one of their concerts ewwwwwwwwwww DANNI!!!! hahaha jk:)

Danielle said...

Lol, that's okay, just because she agrees with me in the case of one band doesn't make her a good person.

Frank Campisano IV said...

Dani this band is awful :|

Also post more often/about stuff that is interesting?

kthxbai :D